Saturday, December 29, 2007

Buffy-fest


I learned today that I can knit approximately 50 rounds on a sock whilst watching a Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathon of my own making (it's good to have every season on DVD). I started with the last few decrease rounds of the heel gusset and ended with the fortieth round on the foot, which is only a few rounds away from the beginning of the toe decreases. The photo shows where I was when I started knitting today. It's the back of the sock, so it's a little tough to see that it's in the mid-stages of heel gusset construction. Soon, very soon, I shall have a new pair of socks to keep my squat little peasant feet warm. I can't wait.


Note: The yarn used is Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn by Brown Sheep in the "colorway" Brilliant Bouquet. It's not easy to tell (even on the larger version of the picture), but it's a 4-ply yarn and each ply is a different color: red, green, blue and purple. It's this stranded coloration that makes me somewhat hesitant to call it a colorway, as that word implies some sort of variegation created in the dyeing process, not the spinning process. Whatever it should be called, the picture belies the fact that it gives a fantastic color effect with very subtle color pooling of the strands, similar to, but a bit different than the typical variegated yarn.

No comments: