Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I Must Be COMPLETELY Insane

I was talking with one of our team leaders at work (she's really more of an assistant manager than a team leader) about some ideas I have about our coffee shop. We got into a bit of a discussion about many things including, but not limited to, the aforementioned ideas, some of the numbers, and the fact that no one really "owns" the coffee shop (meaning that no one really takes charge over there to promote all the stuff we offer). The shop does well on its own, but she said we could really be doing a lot more, we just need somebody who's willing to take it on and make it better. In one of my less brilliant moments, I said "Well, give it to me. I can do it as long as I get some extra training and guidance to learn all the extra, nitty-gritty things I'd need to know." And we got talking about it. Nothing has been set in stone, but I managed, in the course of an innocent sharing of ideas, to offer myself to the mercy of an entire department. The thing is, I know I can do it, and I think I have a pretty decent chance of being cultured for this type of responsibility, even though it was more of a casual conversation than anything else. Nothing has been set at all (or even mentioned to the manager), but still it terrifies me just thinking about it. It'd probably be a good thing for me...I'd learn more, have different responsibilities, and I'd probably finally feel like I'm more than just a shift worker. I'd feel kind of important. But I'm getting ahead of myself, so I'll not speak of this further. Still, it's kind of neat. Hehehe.

No comments: