Tuesday, February 05, 2008

$10.5 Million and I Turned It Down

Yeah, so this random dude hit on me while I was at work today. He looked fairly average for the Elmira/Horseheads area. First, he asked where he could find some dress pants and flashed his two fifties. As I walked him to the area he needed, we happened upon some Fox Racing shirts...he piped up that he used to race for them. We got to the dress pants and he saw some of our prices and was so impressed that he declared "I'm bringing my $10.5 million here to spend it." Then he thanked me and complimented me on my nice customer service as I walked to my co-worker, who had beckoned me to where she was to taste this bottled tea she had. I thought it was tasty and my wannabe-paramour asked where my co-worker got it and rushed off to go get one for me. I, however, didn't want to encourage the fellow and politely declined the offer. Now, I can't say that I get hit on very often, but I can say that this was the oddest occurrance of a man hitting on me that I've ever experienced. Also, while it was a thinly-veiled attempt to impress me, I have to give the dude credit for maintaining his composure even after his story got really, REALLY ridiculous.

No comments: