Monday, February 04, 2008

Deeply In Like

I'm a member of a site called Ravelry, which is a community of knitters and crocheters who talk about yarn and needles and techniques and such. I call it MySpace for knitters to the muggles, but it's way cooler than MySpace. I wanted to join a group but couldn't find one to my liking. Then I found an entire group of atheists and agnostics and I read a few posts and joined right up. I'm enjoying it so much...I think I'm becoming an addict. I just love reading from so many people who think much in the same way I do. It's fantastic and wonderful and (some of my agnostic friends may laugh at this) it makes me feel normal and no longer a minority, even though we godless people are a minority. I guess I didn't realize how much I felt like an outsider until I started meeting (both online and in real life) people who have (non)beliefs similar to my own. I don't feel quite so outsider-like now. It's pretty freakin' sweet.

No comments: